Do you dance in the dark, exhibit in galleries, sell at shows, get called for commissions, or create visions in your living room? Maybe you’re known in the collectors’ world, or by your neighbors, or only by a select few in your family…but you are an artist!
Artists of any level, experience or discipline – who live, work or have a personal investment in the Central Corridor Light Rail Transit (CCLRT) neighborhoods* – are invited to a complimentary training on placemaking and cross-sector collaboration. Use your creative talents to have an impact on your neighborhood, your local businesses, and the light rail corridor. After completing the training, artists will be eligible to apply for collaborative placemaking project support through a simple and speedy application process.
- You consider yourself an artist.
- You live, work or have a personal investment in at least one of the CCLRT neighborhoods.
- You want to learn about placemaking and working cross-sector.
- Free training on placemaking and collaboration tools.
- New connections to neighborhood resources and other artists.
- Eligibility to apply for collaborative placemaking project support (up to $1000 per eligible artist/per project up to a maximum of $3,000)
Dates for 2013
February 9 -FULL
All workshops are on Saturdays, 8:30am-5pm, located on or near the CCLRT.
Artists need only take one workshop.
* CCLRT neighborhoods are: St. Anthony Park, Hamline Midway, Frogtown, Downtown, Summit-University and Union Park.
For more information visit: http://www.springboardforthearts.org/community/irrigate/placemaking-workshop-application-form/