“Resurrecting Beauty” Art Exhibition
Center for Hmong Arts and Talent • St. Paul, MN • October 12-14, 2012
Call for Artist Submissions
Artists Yang Mee-Moua Yang and Nonmala Xiong, in partnership with the Center for Hmong Arts and Talent (CHAT), seeks 5 artist submissions for the “Resurrecting Beauty” Art Exhibition to be held on October 12-14, 2012 at CHAT in St. Paul, MN.
This project is funded through the Irrigate Corridor Collaborations in partnership with CHAT. “Resurrecting Beauty” is about transmuting the objects along the corridor through artistic expressions and innovation ideas. The goal is to showcase a fashion exhibit featuring the innovative use of unconventional materials found around the light rail. They say, ‘Beauty is in the eye of the beholder’, and this is no truer than the use of unconventional art materials found on the side of the road. We hope to encourage the residents, public, and artists to make new uses of objects and materials found near the light rail corridor and turn them into beautiful fashion.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Submissions must be original pieces, relate to fashion, materials used must be found on University Avenue and surrounding neighborhoods, and capture the theme: “Resurrecting Beauty”. This is an opportunity for artists to receive recognition and express the theme of the corridor through their original art work. There will be three nominated pieces for an award.
• Artists of all discipline and level are encouraged to apply! Please note this is a fashion showcase.
• Artists must be 18yrs+
• Only 5 artists will be selected to participate.
Artists will showcase their artwork during the St. Paul Art Crawl, October 12-14, 2012 in CHAT’s Studio.
– Complete artist application form.
– Each artist may submit slides/photos for up to 5 pieces of artwork for consideration.
– Artwork for consideration must be no larger than 25’’ X 30’’
– Please send the application form via email to email@example.com with the subject line “Resurrecting Beauty” Artist Application.
– All entries must be received by: September 21, 2012
– Artists will be notified of whether their artwork is selected to be featured in the “Resurrecting Beauty” Art Exhibit by September 28, 2012. Artists selected for the exhibit will receive follow up information regarding the procedures to display their work.
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM HERE >>> [download id=”23″]