The Center for Hmong Arts and Talent (CHAT) is currently accepting applications for a contracted part-time (25-35 hours) community organizer position. CHAT is seeking bi-lingual, dynamic, hardworking, results-orientated, and experienced organizers to manage and implement CHAT overall civic engagement plan as part of the Minnesota Collaborative voter engagement project.
Responsibilities: Work with the Minnesota Collaborative’s Campaign Manager and team, CHAT’s Executive Director, and other stakeholders to execute CHAT’s engagement plan. This includes:
• Develop, organize, and run community events and activities
• Maintain and data enter information
• Recruit and retain volunteers
• Build and maintain online and offline outreach and engagement mechanisms
• Educate and engage constituents on the issues that are important to them
Successful candidates will be bi-lingual (preferably Hmong) and have 1-2 years of experience in developing and implementing multifaceted constituency engagement efforts that have resulted in measurable impacts, preferably in a state-level advocacy or volunteer service context.
Candidates should also have strong people, written, and verbal communications skills and demonstrate an ability to work well with non-English speaking community members from diverse backgrounds and in a team setting.
Candidates should also demonstrate ability to meet deadlines and have experience implementing plans, tracking progress, and managing volunteers.
• Language proficiency in Hmong.
• Critical thinking, organizational, strategic planning, and leadership skills.
• Experience managing project goals and databases.
• Experience in implementing grassroots and online campaign strategies to recruit, engage, mobilize, and sustain supporters.
• Familiarity with voter registration, voter education, and getting out the vote.
• Possess a collaborative and collegial orientation and be an open, achievement-oriented professional.
• Ability to maintain multiple priorities and projects with different timelines.
• Ability to plan, prioritize, and problem solve in a rapidly changing environment.
• Be fully proficient with all required business tools (Word, PPT, Excel, Access, and others)
• Is an artist of any disciple or an arts advocate
• Many evening/weekend meetings and event attendance is required.
• Must have access to reliable transportation and communication
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the end of business hours on August 8, 2012.