FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 1, 2010
Contact: Kathy Mouacheupao, Center for Hmong Arts & Talent (CHAT), Executive Director
CHAT’s Fresh Traditions IV Fashion Show
November 7, 2010
Center for Hmong Arts and Talent (CHAT) is proud to present the Fresh Traditions IV Fashion Show on November 7, 2010 at Varsity Theater 1308 4th St. SE in Minneapolis. Doors open at 6:00pm, show starts at 7:00pm.
This isn’t just another fashion show. This isn’t just another cultural show. The Fresh Traditions IV Fashion Show will feature collections from 6 Hmong American designers – each promising to hit the runway with undefined fashion.
This year’s Fresh Traditions IV Fashion Designers include:
- Chong Moua: “HLUB HMOOB” – a graphic focused collection dedicated to our Hmong Youth. Traditional Hmong patterns and phrases layered with modern graphics make this collection youthful, fun, & culturally inspiring.
- Seelia Vachon: “Midnight Fantasy” – Eccentric, dark, wild, and dangerous.
- Khamphian Vang: “Sparrow” Fashion for moving lives.
- Xee Vang: “Refined” modern with vibrant colors, embellished designs, and distinctive structure.
- Nonmala Xiong: “Lady in Red” With an emphasis on color, prints, and feminine sillouettes, each garment is ready-to-wear for the lady unafraid to make a statement.
- Lylena Yang: “Embroidered Elegance” Meshing Hmong paj ntuab with modern silhouettes to bring Hmong into the main stream fashion world.
In addition to their collection, each designer is challenged to design at least one full outfit using a combination of the 5 Hmong fabrics used in traditional Hmong clothing.
The Fresh Traditions Fashion Show is the only place where the union between the traditional fabrics of our culture and the contemporary designs of our community takes place.
CHAT is a nonprofit organization that exists to nurture, explore and illuminate the Hmong American experience throught artistic expressions.
For more information about CHAT or the Fresh Traditions Fashion Show, please contact: Kathy Mouacheupao (651)603-6971 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
***click here to see photos from past Fresh Traditions Fashion Show***