Fresh Traditions IV Fashion Show
This isn’t just another fashion show. This isn’t just another cultural show. The Fresh Traditions IV Fashion Show will feature collections from 6 Hmong American designers – each promising to hit the runway with undefined fashion.
$15 Advance Tickets
Purchase tickets at www.vitalculture.com or at CHAT’s Office in Sunrise Market (995 University Ave)
$20 at the Door
VIP available – $30 elevated seating, $50 mezzanine seating
Contact PafouaVang at gmail.com for VIP
This year’s Fresh Traditions IV Fashion Designers include:
- Chong Moua: “HLUB HMOOB” – a graphic focused collection dedicated to our Hmong Youth. Traditional Hmong patterns and phrases layered with modern graphics make this collection youthful, fun, & culturally inspiring.
- Seelia Vachon: “Midnight Fantasy” – Eccentric, dark, wild, and dangerous.
- Khamphian Vang: “Sparrow” Fashion for moving lives.
- Xee Vang: “Refined” modern with vibrant colors, embellished designs, and distinctive structure.
- Nonmala Xiong: “Lady in Red” With an emphasis on color, prints, and feminine sillouettes, each garment is ready-to-wear for the lady unafraid to make a statement.
- Lylena Yang: “Embroidered Elegance” Meshing Hmong paj ntuab with modern silhouettes to bring Hmong into the main stream fashion world.
Get to know the designers at freshtraditionsfashion.com
In addition to their collection, each designer is challenged to design at least one full outfit using a combination of the 5 Hmong fabrics used in traditional Hmong clothing.
The Fresh Traditions Fashion Show is the only place where the union between the traditional fabrics of our culture and the contemporary designs of our community takes place.