Center for Hmong Arts and Talent invites you to celebrate our existence at the 9th Annual Hmong Arts and Music Festival themed “A HMONG US.” The Festival will have displays of artwork that represents each artists’ perspective on being “A Hmong” in America, so we ask you to be “Among Us” to witness an illumination of the Hmong American Experience.
WHEN: Saturday, August 21, 2010 from 11:00am-8:00pm
WHERE: Western Sculpture Park on Marion St. in Saint Paul, MN
CONTACT: Kathy Mouacheupao, Executive Director by phone: 651-603-6971, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Highlights at the Festival:
- The Visual Art Tent, showcasing a collection of artwork created by Hmong artists, including the The Master Gallery, an exhibit of 5 juried art pieces selected by professionals from the local arts scene.
- The Main Stage, which hosts a full days worth of contemporary and traditional musicians and performers, including the IN SESSION: Singer/ Songwriter Competition, in which 5 finalists compete with original songs to receive career enhancing prizes.
- The Community Art Project, a powerful display of artwork created by community members of all ages, backgrounds, and experiences.
- “The LOUNGE” Youth Tent, a space for youth to gather together, support creativity and showcase their talents.
- The Hmong in Motion Film Tent, screening of shorts and excerpts of feature length movies by Hmong filmmakers.
- Games, Family Arts Activities, Vendors, Food, Resources–something for everyone!
CHAT’s Hmong Arts and Music Festival is now accepting vendor applications for selling food, merchandise and/ or arts and crafts. Space is also available for non-profits to hand out information and resources. Download the 2010 Vendor Application Form here.
Vendor Fees: Booth sizes are 10 ft. x 10 ft square (Food vendors-call to negotiate a price for larger space).
$150 Vendors making food and/or drink sales
City of Saint Paul requires all Food Vendors to first apply for a Special Events License and pay an additional fee of$190 or $55 for nonprofit organizations. Download the application here.
$125.00 Vendors making nonfood sales
$100.00 Non-Profits promoting, advertising, passing out information and resources
$50.00 Artists selling personal artwork
NOTE: You will need to provide your own tent, table, chairs, and other equipment (generator, etc.). Please call to negotiate prices for extra equipment if necessary.
Become a Volunteer
CHAT needs your help putting on the Hmong Arts & Music Festival. Contribute to our community by helping at the event. Please contact Evelyn via e-mail at evelynmouacheupao (at) hotmail.com for details on volunteering.