ORIGINAL SONGS WANTED FOR
IN SESSION: SINGER/ SONGWRITER COMPETITION
Mission: IN SESSION Strives to discover fresh emerging artists, build community amongst musicians, network and nurture connections for potential collaborations or even bands. We desire to expose and challenge musicians for originality, inspiration and innovation.
REGISTER SOON–Spaces are limited! For more information or to register, contact Sai Chang via email or via phone at 612-205-4553.
PRIZE PACKAGE for 1ST PLACE WINNER:
1) $500 Gift Certificate towards merchandise and equipment
2) 20 Hours of Recording Time with Essential Sessions Studios in St. Paul
3) A feature article in Hmong Today newspaper
4) A featured interview and performance on ChAt Radio: More than Just a Conversation
IN SESSION is held in 2 ROUNDS:
1) Preliminary Round is held at July’s ICE OPEN MIC
Friday, July 23th at 6:30 pm – Hamline University – “The Hub” in the Student Center – Lower Level – 1536 Hewitt Ave, St. Paul 55104
PREPARE ONE SONG
2) Final Rounds are held at CHAT’s 9th Annual Hmong Arts and Music Festival
Saturday, August 21 – Western Sculpture Park – Marion Street in St. Paul – Across the street from Sears
PREPARE TWO SONGS
Judging Criteria will include:
- Meaning of Poetry and Lyrics
- Live Performance
***All Songs have to be original (Cannot be a cover).
***The song has to be written or co-written by the singer.
***Must be performed either live with an instrument or with pre-recorded background music created by the performer and incorporated into the live performance i.e. computer or looping equipment used onstage, drum machine onstage, etc.
***Amateurs only please. Ages 13 and up.
***5 minutes or less time limit on each song.
***All contestants have to sign a release form that they understand the rules.
***Can be in Hmong or English.
***Must have a printed sheet with lyrics.
***Must register ASAP!